- FIPS 197 certified with 256-bit XTS-AES encryption
- Ability to use multiple passwords, PIN codes, or a multi-word security mode
- Protection from attacks with password-cracking apps and BadUSB
Kingston Digital Europe LLCAnd the A subsidiary of Kingston Technology Company, Inc. , the world’s leading manufacturer of storage products and technology solutions, today unveiled its latest hardware-encrypted USB chip. Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 (VP50) is equipped with FIPS 197-certified XTS-AES 256-bit machine encryption to protect data reliably.
The Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 supports administrator-user mode and one-time password recovery option, and multiple login methods are supported. The admin and user password option allows you to restore access to the data if the user has forgotten their passwords. In addition to the traditional 6- to 16-character passwords, the new login method allows you to use PIN passwords, phrases, word lists, or even snippets of songs from 10 to 64 characters in length that are easy to remember. To facilitate password entry, there is also an “eye” icon, which reveals characters during password entry, which helps prevent the number of incorrect password entries.
Administrator can also enable one-time recovery password or reset user password to regain access to data. In addition, the VP50 key protects against attacks using password cracking applications by locking user passwords or one-time recovery password after 10 consecutive invalid entries and encryption to overwrite and delete the contents of the key if the administrator password is entered incorrectly 10 times in a row. In this case, the data is lost, but not even any potential drive thief can access it.
the key VP50 It can also protect against potential malware on infected systems by setting administrator and user to read-only mode and drive write protection; In addition, the built-in virtual keyboard protects passwords from password-stealing apps. Organizations can customize and configure the VP50 with a Product Identifier (PID) to integrate with standard computer management software and meet stringent cybersecurity and information requirements in a business environment through Kingston Kingston personalization software. Small and medium businesses can take advantage of the admin role in the local management of their keys, for example use an administrative mode to configure or reset user passwords or a one-time password recovery password, restore access to data on locked drives, and ensure compliance with laws and regulations When a forensic computer is required. The VP50 switch provides encrypted storage with physical control of the user, which makes it more convenient than using online and cloud services to protect important data.
“Privacy Vault 50 “We have joined the Kingston IronKey family of encrypted solutions as an advanced USB device for data security in business environments,” said Oscar Escaiola Caludis, Head of Flash Memory Solutions at Kingston EMEA, adding: “We have added more features such as a new option to use a USB stick with Multiple passwords and new ways to enter passwords. This not only protects 100% of the data stored, but also makes the key more user-friendly.”
the key Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 It’s available in capacities ranging from 8GB to 256GB and is backed by a five-year limited warranty, free technical support, and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information, visit kingston.com.
Kingston IronKey Vault Privacy 50 – Features and Technical Specifications:
- Automatically encrypted USB stick: Protect your important data with FIPS 197-certified XTS-AES 256-bit encryption: Built-in protection against BadUSB and password cracking apps.
- Multi-level data and password recovery
- New way to enter password: Choose between complex or text password mode. Passwords can be a numeric PIN, a space with a space, a word list or even word phrases – from 10 to 64 characters.
- Additional security features: Reduce failed login attempts and frustration by enabling the “eye” button to display the entered password. Use the virtual keyboard to protect your password entry from apps that steal your password.
- Dual read-only mode settings (write-protection): To protect against cybersecurity threats from infected systems using two levels of read-only protection.
- Take advantage of the local drive management mode, ideal for small and medium businesses: Use administrator mode to manage user passwords and passwords locally for one-time data recovery, restore access to data on locked drives, and ensure compliance with laws and regulations when a criminal computer is required.
- user interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Capacity: 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB
- Contact: something like
- more: 77.9 mm x 21.9 mm x 12.0 mm
- Water Resistant: Up to 1.2m IEC 60529 IPX8
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Warranty / Support: 3-year limited warranty, free technical support
- Compatibility: Windows® 11, 10, 8.1 and macOS® (see 10.14.x – 12.xx)