For the sixth time, Konica Minolta has reached the leading position in the global Climate A list. CDP is an international non-profit organization engaged in activities to achieve a sustainable economy.
On January 19, 2022, CDP Worldwide-Japan will hold an online event to introduce the companies included in the CDP Climate A List 2021. As a representative of one of the companies on the Climate A List, Mr. Shwe Yamana, President, will also speak at the event and CEO of Konica Minolta.
Climate list A
The Climate A list consists of companies that have been recognized as global leaders in terms of the goals they have set, actions they have taken to combat climate change, and the disclosure of information. Of the approximately 12,000 companies worldwide included in the CDP survey, only 204 were included in the Climate A List 2021. The inclusion on this list is an acknowledgment of their efforts to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.2and mitigating climate change and contributing to a low carbon economy.
Konica Minolta’s approach to climate change issues
Konica Minolta strives to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and at the same time to promote the development of the business community and human society. Through the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, the United Nations has developed an integrated global strategy to overcome the major current global challenges. In particular, with regard to the goal of sustainable development “Climate Action”, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe has already taken several measures, focusing in particular on the responsible use of energy resources:
- Since 2018, the European headquarters has been carbon neutral.
- European headquarters and branches in Belgium, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Germany, the United Kingdom, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Spain and most locations in France use electricity from renewable sources. By joining the RE100 program globally, the company has committed to getting 100% of its energy from renewable sources by 2050.
- Since launching the Enabling Carbon Neutral Program in 2015, the company and its customers have successfully offset more than 40,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.2.
- In 2019, Konica Minolta introduced the bizhub ECO service, which includes a preset eco-configuration of color MFPs (MFPs) and new tree planting sponsorship in collaboration with Treedom.
- In 2020, Konica Minolta introduced AIRe Link, a remote visual support tool that has so far provided more than 853,000 kilometers of travel for customers, or more than 3,000 customer visits to their site. This did not result in approximately 104 tons of CO2 emissions2 than if they were otherwise.
- In order to divert transport from road to rail or water, Konica Minolta in Europe uses barges sailing the Rhine as transportation from the port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands to its main warehouse in Emmerich, Germany.