Social media giant Meta has announced the integration of non-fungible tokens (NFT) into Facebook, adding that NFT creators can now display their digital holdings on Facebook and Instagram.
Some of the wallets supported by the social media giants include Coinbase Wallet and MetaMask Wallet.
- In an updated blog post on Monday (August 29, 2022), Meta revealed that users can link their digital wallets to either Facebook or Instagram, making it possible to publish the NFT on both platforms.
- Meta previously said that NFT creators and companies in 100 countries across Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas will be able to showcase their digital holdings on Instagram.
- At the time, the social media giant stated that the platform would support the Ethereum, Polygon, and Flow blockchains on Instagram. Supported third-party wallets also include Trust Wallet, Rainbow Wallet, Coinbase Wallet, Dapper Wallet, and MetaMask Wallet.
- The ability to share NFTs on social media apps first started with an Instagram trial with select content creators and collectors in the US.
- Meanwhile, Meta’s continued expansion of the feature to Facebook and users outside the US is evidence of the company’s plans to allow broad access to NFTs. A statement in May said:
“By building support for NFTs, we aim to improve accessibility, reduce barriers to entry, and help make the NFT space more inclusive for all communities.”
The Meta post allows users to post NFTs to Facebook and Instagram first appeared on CryptoPotato.