Days before the estimated date of Ethereum’s transition to Proof-of-Stake (PoS), the protocol went through its final shadow fork.
- Ethereum research and engineering firm Nethermind took to Twitter to reveal that the network went through its last shadow fork before The Merge.
The transition into Mainnet-Shadowfork-13 (the last shadow fork before the merge) was a success for all Nethermind nodes!
– Nethermind September 9, 2022
- Merger is the result of many years of research and development and is a very complex process. Shadow forks are designed to help developers test synchronization assumptions in an effort to control network security during irreversible upgrades.
- Meanwhile, 84% of Ethereum nodes are rated “Merge Ready,” according to data from EtherNodes.
- Current estimates based on the hash rate put the event date as September 15.
After a ready merge: Ethereum completes the Last Shadow Fork before the transition debuts on CryptoPotato.