Helium Finally Moves From Dedicated Blockchain To Solana

Members of the Internet of Things (IoT) blockchain network community, Helium, have voted to fully migrate to Solana to improve network scalability.

  • The HIP 70 proposal published by the Helium Foundation has been in the works for several months.
  • In August, the foundation outlined the reasons why core developers are leaning toward Solana from its dedicated Helium-boosted series in terms of speed, stability, and the ability to serve more users.
  • Voting on immigration began on September 12. A majority of 81.41% voted in favor of immigration, while the rest, 18.59%, opposed it.
  • The proposal states, among other things:

“The proposed changes to HIP 70 do not change the fundamentals of the helium network or HNT, but do provide several benefits to the helium network, including more HNT available for sub-reward groups, more consistent mining, more reliable data transmission, more usefulness of HNT and subDAO, And more ecosystem support.”

  • After the migration is completed, a new version of the Helium Wallet app will be presented.
  • Helium Layer 1 blockchain history will remain public, and users can access the new application by updating their existing wallet application.
  • HNT token holders will also be able to use other wallets within the Solana ecosystem, including Phantom or Solflare.
  • For starters, Helium is a Google-powered startup that was founded in 2019.
  • It is basically a distributed wireless network that provides users with encryption tokens as a reward for sharing their home internet service with a wider community.
  • To date, it has attracted more than 952,000 active node operators, according to the latest data.

The Helium post from the blockchain dedicated to Solana finally made its debut on CryptoPotato.

Leave a Comment