The Chinese entrepreneur and founder of the TRON Foundation – Justin Sun – claimed to own “tens of millions” of Huobi coins.
He also said that his new role as a global advisor at Huobi could allow him to accelerate the development of digital assets.
- A few days ago, crypto exchange Huobi launched a global advisory board and invited prominent names from the industry to join.
- Among these people was Justin Sun, who was “extremely honored” to become a member of the organization and help in its future development.
- The newly created entity, along with new venture funding and a recent takeover agreement between Huobi and About Capital, boosted the price of the platform’s original cryptocurrency – Huobi Token (HT). It is currently trading at around $7.90, or nearly 90% of last week’s price.
- In a recent interview with Bloomberg, Sun revealed that he owns huge amounts of assets and said that they started accumulating in 2013.
“I see myself as one of the biggest HT carriers around the world,” he said.
- The Chinese have raised hopes that his position at Huobi will allow him to further develop the local exchange and token ecosystem. He also indicated an intention to expand Huobi’s presence in China if local regulators change their hostile stance on cryptocurrency in the future.
- Sun stated that his team has been closely monitoring tokens from bankrupt entities such as Celsius Network’s CEL. However, at the moment they have not decided to interact with her.
Featured image provided by SCMP
The post Justin Sun says it is one of the biggest holders of Huobi Token (HT) that first appeared on CryptoPotato.