PeckShield, the blockchain analytics and security company, reported earlier today that some BitKeep wallet users have lost funds from the platform.
According to current estimates, the total amount stolen is about $8 million in various digital assets.
- After Hacktober, which was the worst month in the crypto industry in terms of hacks and exploits, attackers seem to be back on the offensive so far.
- The latest victim is the BitKeep wallet, according to Peckshield. The security firm quoted a BitKeep official as saying that “several users’ funds have been stolen.”
- They blamed a previously downloaded hacked APK version. Some Twitter users confirmed this, saying that they had recently received suspicious emails about downloading another copy of the wallet, which they thought might be phishing attacks.
- PeckShield added that the amount of stolen cryptocurrency is currently around $8 billion, including BNB, ETH, USDT, and DAI.
#PeckShieldAlert #BitKeep The official stated that many users’ funds were stolen, possibly due to downloading a hacked APK version
So far $8 million worth of assets have been stolen, including ~4,373 BNB dollars5.4 m USDT dollars196 k $DAIand 1233.21 ETH dollars pic.twitter.com/ZdomZGFWRO
– PeckShieldAlert (PeckShieldAlert) December 26, 2022
- BitKeep confirmed the exploit on its official Telegram channel and urged users to transfer their funds to the official app available on the Google Play Store or App Store, if they downloaded the affected APK version.
- encrypted potatoes It was reported in mid-October when BitKeep became one of the victims of all attacks during that month. By exploiting the swap feature of the wallet platform, the attackers were able to recover $1 million in cryptocurrency.
BitKeep Wallet Exploited for $8 Million in BNB, ETH, USDT, and DAI Debuts on CryptoPotato.