American business intelligence firm – MicroStrategy – bought 3,205 bitcoins between November 1 and December 24.
The company sold 704 BTC on Dec. 22, bringing its total holdings to 132,251 BTC at the moment.
- MicroStrategy – the largest holder of BTC – continues to follow its bitcoin agenda and purchase more quantities of the underlying cryptocurrency.
- It acquired 2,395 BTC for about $42.8 million, at an average price of about $17,871 per coin between early November and December 21.
- The company sold 704 bitcoins on Dec. 22 for nearly $12 million to cover previous capital losses.
- On Christmas Eve, MicroStrategy bought another 810 BTC for $13.6 million, bringing its total holdings to 132,251 BTC (equivalent to about $2.2 billion at current prices).
- Michael Saylor — CEO — announced the news on his personal Twitter account, saying the organization had spent just over $4 billion in total.
MicroStrategy has increased # Bitcoin The holdings are about 2500 #BTC. As of 12/27/22 @tweet It holds about 132,500 bitcoins acquired for $4.03 billion at an average price of approximately $30,397 per bitcoin. $MSTRhttps://t.co/lcMeULcGQk
– Michael Saylor (saylor) December 28, 2022
MicroStrategy Adds to 2,500 BTC: Total Stack Now 132,251 Bitcoin Debuted on CryptoPotato.